Wednesday 2 February 2011

Twitterbooking

I haven't been on twitter in AGES!  I can never think of anything to microblog about on twitter which is strange as I love facebook and do tend to update my status there.

My use of facebook is personal and but twitter for me is professional, perhaps this is why I feel I must be more careful what I say on twitter - do I really want all my work colleagues knowing when I've stuffed myself too full of apple pie and custard for instance?  Not really, but to my friends that would just be typical!  So I spend too long considering what would and wouldn't be appropriate to tweet.  Maybe this is why I also hate blogging, I'm a perfectionist, I hate the fact I haven't been though my blog posts at least 6 times with a fine-tooth comb, draft after draft before I put it "out there" under the scrutinizing eyes of anyone who cares.  I think worrying too much about what other people think about us can be a huge barrier to blogging of any kind.

Anyway, had fun tweeting for a bit.

If you're interested in library facebook pages, don't forget the Research Exchange can now be found on Facebook (as well as twitter):
http://www.facebook.com/researchexchange

No comments:

Post a Comment